CURRENTLY AVAILABLE FOR
Tractive is a process, not just a part.
Example 3D plots of vertical wheel output vs displacement vs velocity from our first generation calculation software. Two different frames with two different dampers are shown.
What is the process?
"Begin with the end in mind." - Stephen CoveyThe process begins with the end result that we are trying to achieve with a particular damper curve - it must provide sufficient, but not excessive resistance to compression and extension, in proportion to the rider's demands.
How do we define and measure this correct amount? It needs to be measured at the wheel - the only place that matters. But direct measurement of forces and velocities at the rear wheel are very difficult to make - especially when the leverage ratio between the axle and the shock is constantly changing. And is the rider a timid 45kg (100lbs) novice, or a hard-charging 140kg (300lbs) professional rider, or someone more "average" in both stature and riding style?
Our Elite Partner Tuning Centres around the world now have access to our proprietary, cloud-based Tractive Valve Tuning System calculation software. This software lets the tuner observe the true response at the wheel when considering the rider's weight, the bike's leverage rate and the damper curve generated by a specific tune.
Unprecedented Tuning Advantages:
• Direct comparisons can be visualised between any riders, on any bikes, with suitable benchmarks established and repeatably matched - an industry first.
• Our ever-growing database and the ability to directly compare two scenarios like this gives us an unparalleled ability to analyse and summarise feedback over time.
• Benchmarks are able to shift locally to reflect the different terrain demands in different parts of the world
• The combined experience of your local suspension tuner and Vorsprung's own expertise can be leveraged to get you the best out of your shock
With Tractive, you directly benefit not just from Vorsprung's knowledge, but from the collective experience of all of our partners around the world.
Tractive Valve Tuning Systems are built with the following approach:
- Damper architecture weaknesses and problems identified and improved upon with upgrade parts
- Damper tunes selected to be the most suitable custom valving for the rider, frame and terrain
- Damper adjustment ranges and modes altered if necessary
How do I make my shock a Tractive?
- Follow the relevant link above and place an order through our online store to order your Tractive Tune. It will take your address, allowing you to pre-pay for the Tractive Tune and the return shipping.
- Take note of your order number, and fill out THIS FORM (opens in new window) to give us the information we need to tune your shock for you.
- Ship your shock to us (or drop it to us if you're lucky enough to be nearby). Shipping instructions can be found HERE.
- Email us (steve at vorsprungsuspension dot com) with the tracking number once it's en route to us.